A brand valuation provides a detailed and insightful analysis of our brand, providing a clear picture of how the Airbus brand is contributing to our business today.
A strategic tool for ongoing brand management, valuation brings together market, brand, competitor, and financial data into a single framework within which the performance of the brand can be assessed, areas for growth identified, and the financial impact of investing in the brand quantified.
Why brands matter
The “Why brands matter" film aims to educate employees on basic brand principles, how the Airbus brand was developed and how employees can help build and protect it in their daily jobs. As part of the brand education module, the film explains what makes a brand unique, what the benefits of creating a strong brand are and how we all can help to support and build the Airbus brand.
Airbus brand valuation
As an essential result of 2018 Brand Valuation project we identified that the brand Airbus has a financial value of €9.854 billion which is at 12% of enterprise value. The Airbus brand is one of the largest single assets owned by the company and should therefore receive attention as business KPI and be in focus of the senior management.
This value underlines the impact of Airbus brand efforts and would enable the brand to earn a position in the Best Global Brands ranking - in between other brands with comparable values like Canon, Siemens or HP.
Strategic brand decisions in new business fields should evaluate a linkage to the Airbus brand to benefit from its strength and leverage growth of the brand in total.
The Airbus brand valuation helps the business and presents the areas where the business needs to improve.
Key brand messages
Our brand personality is composed of six attributes that represent our core ethos.
- We are inspired by each other‘s knowledge and cultural background. Our determination drives us to collaborate with the best in the industry who share the same passion as us
- Our shared passion for aerospace helps us shape the industry and connect people - physical and digital; whether on the ground, in the air or in space
- We lead, innovate and challenge the status quo. Our business has no frontiers.
- We are responsible and act ethically. We protect the sovereignty of our digital and physical systems.
- We care about the impact we have on the world. As we continue on the path to sustainable aerospace, we prioritise the well-being of our planet and its citizens.
Our personality – unite and collaborate, influence and pioneer, and care and respect, resonate the values of our company and reflect in what we think and do.
Every interaction people have with Airbus is an opportunity to build our brand. Doing this consistently over time will ensure our brand remains robust and well placed to grow stronger.
Our brand strengthens our business and adds value to our worth. It connects us to push boundaries, solve problems and unlock opportunities. It is our quest to create a better connected, safer and more prosperous world.