- Put the label stating the nature of the selection before.
- Indicate the minimum and maximum values whenever possible.
- Choose consistent steps with the value that the user must select (i.e. do not create 1€ steps when asking for a choice between millions of euros).
- Do not use the range slider when the scale of values is low (from 1 to 3 steps, for example) or too large (1000000 steps).
- Always organized the values in ascending order.
- Selecting a value that is not in a step is not possible.
- The slider label can indicate what value the slider is changing thanks to numeric inputs.